Pedestrian, Motrocycle & Bicycle Accidents
Going through a motorcycle accident in Colorado can be devastating. But with an experienced lawyer on your side, you can take the next steps with strong legal support.
Free Case Evaluation
Motorcycle accidents can have devastating consequences for those involved. The lack of safety features and protection such as seatbelts and airbags on motorcycles means that an accident or collision could lead to severe and even fatal results.
Unfortunately, some motorists become reckless or negligent, and the consequences of their actions cause suffering not only to them but to other riders as well.
If you or a loved one has suffered from the effects of a motorcycle accident in Colorado, we can help. ASR Legal’s Colorado motorcycle accident team can guide you through the next steps to ensure you are able to get the compensation and justice you deserve.
Being involved in a motorcycle accident in Colorado can have lasting, dire effects ranging from physical injuries to emotional trauma and financial strain. Let us help ease your burden by providing you with the precise legal protection you need in this difficult time.
There are several common causes of motorcycle accidents in Colorado. These include:
- Driver negligence
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
Motorcycles are smaller and less visible than other vehicles, which can make them more vulnerable to accidents. Additionally, motorcycle accidents can be caused by poorly maintained roads or defective motorcycle parts.
Because of their lack of safety features and protection, motorcycles can often cause numerous injuries when an accident or collision occurs. Common injuries caused by motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Road rash and other skin injuries
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains and strains
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of limbs or amputation
- Neck and back injuries
- Psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
It’s important to seek medical attention immediately after a motorcycle accident, even if you don’t feel injured. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and could worsen over time if left untreated. Additionally, seeking medical attention creates documentation that can be used to support any legal claims related to the accident.
In Colorado, there are several laws in place to protect the rights of those involved in motorcycle accidents. Here are some of them.
- Colorado is a “fault” state, which means that the at-fault driver is responsible for any damages or injuries suffered by the other party.
- Motorists are required to carry liability insurance coverage, which helps protect other drivers and passengers in the event of an accident.
- Colorado has strict laws against driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol, with severe penalties for offenders.
- Colorado has laws in place to regulate the use of cell phones while driving, including a ban on texting and driving for all drivers.
- Motorcyclists are required to wear helmets and follow other safety laws, but they are entitled to the same rights as other drivers on the road.
- Colorado has laws that prohibit aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, cutting off other drivers, and running red lights.
- Drivers are required to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and bicyclists in crosswalks and other designated areas.
- Colorado has laws in place to regulate the use of speed cameras and red light cameras, which are used to enforce traffic laws and deter dangerous driving behaviors.
- Commercial drivers are subject to federal regulations, such as limits on hours of service and drug and alcohol testing requirements, to ensure the safety of all motorists on the road.
After a motorcycle accident, it’s important to have the support of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. At ASR Legal, we understand the complexity of the legal system and can guide you through the process while protecting your rights. Dealing with insurance companies can be intimidating or overwhelming, but we can negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for any damages or injuries you may have sustained. If needed, we can also represent you in court and advocate for your rights to ensure that you receive the justice you deserve.
At ASR Legal, we’re committed to helping those affected by motorcycle accidents in Colorado. Our team of skilled and compassionate attorneys has the knowledge and experience needed to provide you with the legal support and guidance you need during this difficult time. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us now for a free consultation. Call (720) 806-1622, we’re here to listen and help.